Mount Doug Golf Course
Health & Safety during COVID-19
In these unusual and stressful times, we understand how important it is to remain positive and physically active. It is equally important to maintain social distancing for everyone’s safety. The Mount Douglas Golf Course team have been working hard at preparing the course for the 2020 season. We have not taken the decision to open lightly and will be implementing several new procedures to ensure the safety of our employees and guests. We will continue to monitor recommendations of the Government of Canada and BC Health. Please note the responsibilities of our guests in order to protect the well-being of both our employees and customers when they are at the course.
- NO CASH, payment will be limited to debit and credit
- All players must have and carry their own clubs, NO EXCEPTIONS – we WILL NOT be renting bags or clubs at this time
- Non-players will not be permitted to accompany groups
- Pull carts will be available to rent
- Golf carts will be available ONLY to those that cannot walk the course; 1 person per cart; carts must be reserved ahead of time
- There will be no portable restroom on the course
- We are prohibiting the removal of the flags; to reduce touch points we have removed all benches and ball washers
- The clubhouse including the pro shop are closed. If you need to use the restroom please notify the guest services greeter
- There is no seating available inside the clubhouse or on the patio
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer to use each time you touch a surface ie: door handles, pull cart handles, etc.
Upon Arriving at the course
**IMPORTANT** Groups of 2 or more will be required to have one person in charge of the group. Have a plan before arriving at the course and organize your group PRIOR to lining up to check in with the greeter. This is crucial for ensuring everyone’s safety. If you are late for your tee time be patient and don’t panic! We want you to enjoy your game and get some exercise!!
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your tee time, pre-plan your arrival time, meet in the front field and gather all members of your group before proceeding. Once your group is ready, you will line up to go through the check in. You will be met by a Greeter to help you check in, explain course rules and answer any questions.
- Only one (1) customer at a time will be permitted to check in at a time.
- Once you have registered at the check in window you will be directed to the tee
- The 6 foot rule will apply at all times!! If we see groups getting too cozy we will remind you to keep your distance….. any guests who won’t comply will be asked to leave.
- After finishing your game we ask that you walk directly to your vehicle.
- You can leave rented pull carts on the brick walkway by the hedge at the 9th hole
- You can park golf carts where you pick them up.
We will post further updates on our website homepage and in our email newsletter as they happen. We would like to thank all our guests for your support and understanding as we work through these challenging times. We value our customers and to safe guard everyone’s health, please stay home if you have returned from a trip outside of Canada (including the US) within the past 14 days or are feeling unwell.