A little about our story…
The golf course was designed and built by Harry and Eric Lovett and the Mount Douglas Golf Course opened in the summer of 1972 and is still owned and operated by the Lovett family. Mount Doug Golf Course offers a little something for everyone with 5 par three holes and 4 pars fours we are considered an executive Par 3 golf course which sits in a picturesque setting on the backside of Mt.Doug in the Blenkinsop Valley on beautiful Vancouver Island. Our longest hole is 272 yards and the shortest is 70 yards giving you a chance to use just about every club in your bag!
Being a smaller course there is no teeing off grassed areas. All of our tee-off areas use tee-boxes and artificial mats which is one of the reasons our rates are so attractive to our golfers. Reducing the need to repair grassed tee off areas daily, which takes a lot of work and effort by the grounds team, allows us to offer some of the most affordable rates in Victoria.
When arriving at the golf course you will find we have fantastic, friendly staff on hand to check you in to start your golf experience and help with any questions you may have.
The Mount Douglas clubhouse went through a update and transformation during the winter of 2017/18. I have to say, the renovations look outstanding. We have a small pro-shop for the essentials to the golf game and a great little coffee lounge to come by early and have a cup of delicious organic local roasted coffee with your friends and teammates or a quick snack before or after your game.
Course Amenities for on site playing golfers (Subject to change due to Covid-19)
- A Practice putting green (Max 4 golfers, No chipping allowed for safety reasons).
- A single driving Cage beside the practice putting green.
- Our Pro-Shop for all the golf essentials needed for the game.
- Women’s & Men’s restrooms inside the clubhouse.
- We have an outhouse available between Hole 4 & 6 during peak season. (Subject to change due to Covid-19 Please call to confirm)
- Beautiful view of the course from the clubhouse bay windows and patio seats with umbrellas for shade at each table.
- Delicious locally sourced & roasted organic coffee as well as many delicious flavored Keurig cups.
- Also available during the peak season an assortment of water, pop, sport drinks, muffins, sandwiches, subs, pepperoni sticks and snacks.
- Power carts are available with a drivers license and credit card for incidentals. (Limited quantities / Reserve ahead).
- Our lounge is not licensed so we do not offer any alcoholic drinks on site. No drugs or alcohol permitted at any time on the course property out of respect to the other golfers on the course.
- BEST OF ALL – Fantastic staff to help you with all your needs !!